Sea-Bird will pay the two-way freight and customs costs to return CTDs to our factory in Bellevue, Washington for warranty repair work for Druck pressure sensors.
- Dismount the CTD from the float.
- Remove the antenna from the CTD.
- Store the float and antenna; ship the CTD to Sea-Bird. See Administrative Instructions below.
Contact Cheryl Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org,
If Cheryl is not available, Heddy Gundersen (email@example.com, 425-643-9866 x3204) is the alternate contact.
Please be prepared to provide the information below:
Obtain a Returned Materials Authorization (RMA) number and arrange shipping:
- Provide a full list of the serial numbers for the CTDs.
- Provide number of boxes/pieces, weight, and dimensions.
- Indicate if shipping via FedEx is acceptable. If so, we will provide you with Sea-Bird's FedEx account number.
- If shipping by air carrier is preferable, indicate closest airport of departure so we can arrange return shipping for you.
Provide information on your deployment urgency:
- Indicate your cruise schedule.
- Indicate if this is a hard date or if a delay is possible.
Provide information on large shipments (20 or more CTDs):
- Indicate if Sea-Bird can split return shipments; if yes, indicate the quantities.
Provide Sea-Bird authorization for replacement of the current Druck pressure sensor with your selection of one or more of the following alternatives:
- Screen-tested Druck pressure sensor -- These sensors have passed a screening test at Sea-Bird for the cracked glass-to-metal seal and edge pinhole flaws. Approximately 130 of these sensors are available immediately, and an additional 130 will be available 31 August 2009.
- Paine pressure sensor -- These sensors are expected to drift about + 5 decibars in the first 1 to 2 years, and then be relatively stable. These sensors are available immediately, but only a limited stock is available.
- Kistler pressure sensor -- These new sensors have been developed in a 5-year effort with Sea-Bird, and are now ready to use. Approximately 100 of these sensors will be available 31 August 2009, and an additional 100 per month thereafter.
- New-production Druck pressure sensor -- The production process will be modified to eliminate the cracked glass-to-metal seal and edge pinhole flaws. These sensors will be available approximately 30 September 2009.
Sea-Bird Home Phone: (+1) 425-643-9866 Skype: sea-bird-electronics E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org